Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ok, so today, I have learned I need to get on a regular schedule and really develop good study habits for this before the test, this will entail :

  • Getting to bed on time at a decent hour (10:30 PM)
  • Getting up early (6AM) to start my mind working quickly, and making the best use of my time
  • Practice each day, 6 days per week, 2-3 hours per day
  • Documenting(Blogging) my practice attempts, and my failures as well
  • Try to not let ANYTHING interrup this schedule
  • Eat right, and exercise regularly (of course)
  • Try to lay off the coffee, too much makes me jittery
I'd tried to take the RHCE for RHEL5 about 4 yeatrs ago. The class was "not really meant for an RHCE exam" , but was moreso over the 'differences between RHEL4 nd RHEL5', but included was a free test attempt at the end of the week for RHCE. The test was intimidating, to say the least, I think at least half of our engineers failed, lots og good engineers. From what I remember though, the test being all hands on, and presented with a simple sheet of paper, do these 12 objectives, there seemed to be at least three basic methods to the test that people attempted to utilize to resolve.

  1. A new installation is done, so many people in order to save time, went into the installer, details, and configured various serivces that way as part of the install (i.e. building additional partitions, filesystems)
  2. Confiogure services via the Redhat GNOME Desktop. This is not my preferred method, as the hardened build of RHEL that my company uses for servers, doesn't even include a desktop
  3. Configure services and make changes via command line . My preferred method
Going to try and do more and will report on chapter 1, have to kill it tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment